The Western Regional Branch of Ghana Red Cross Society on Saturday 13th March 2021 held the annual general meeting (A.G.M) at Bogoso St. Augustine Senior High School assembly Hall.
The meeting was attended by the Secretary General (Mr Samuel Kofi Addo), Finance and Admin Manager (Mr Alex Lanbon) from Headquarters, Accra.
The outgoing Regional Chairman (Dr Edward Donkoh) and the Board, the Regional Manager (Mr Benjamin Acquah) and the staff, the Volunteer Staffs, All District Chairmen, Organisers, members and stakeholders were in attendance.
The meeting started at 10.40am.
Various reports were read. District reports, secretarial report and financial report.
The Regional Manager (Mr Benjamin Acquah) highlighted on several activities of
Red Cross Society has embarked on in the Region.
He highlighted on the total membership of the Red Cross being 6,981 in all the districts in the region. Strategies such as:
- Empowering the mothers clubs and chapters through livelihood support activities like batik tie and die, soap making and shoe making.
- Sending text messages to individuals and groups inviting them to register to be members of Red Cross society.
- Visiting churches to give talk and inviting them to join the society.
- During the covid-19 education, market women, drivers and some individuals expressed their desire to join the society
The Manager also spoke about the following being key achievements being:
- The massive memberships drive in the schools yielded huge results.
- Increased visibility through risk communication and mass education of Covid-19.
- Most of our members have been trained in first aid and certified.
- Through the intervention, the society has trained 86 volunteers in 41 communities in 10 districts across the region.
- The Society also donated PPE’s to various chip compounds, schools, market places as well as lorry stations in all 41 communities.
- Comprehensive data base has been initiated to input and record the details of all registered members in the region.
After the report, the forum was open for members to express their opinion.
Elections were held and the following were elected as Regional board;
Frank Ofosu-Asante – Regional Chairman
Kenneth Dormah – Vice Chairman
Maame Ekua Afra – Treasurer
Dr Augustine Kwesi Amoako – Regional Health Advisor
Kamara Huseini – Regional Youth Rep.
Immanuel Owu-Ewie – PRA
Akpene Darko-Cobbinah – Legal Advisor
Dr.Edward Donkoh – Regional Committee Member
Gabriel Amihere – Regional Committee Member
Gordon Kojo Mensah – RegionalCommitte Member
Stephen Kobla Johnson – Regional Committee Member.
The newly elected executives thanked and assured the members that they will put up their maximum best in ensuring that organization keep up the good work being done to keep up the good name of the Society.