The General Assembly of the Ghana Red Cross Society has elected New National Executive to run the affairs of the National Society for the next two years.
The elected members were:
- Lawyer Kwame Gyimah-Akwafo – National President
- Dr. Kingsley A. Preko – Vice President
- Mr. Emmanuel Ashley Djan – Hon. Treasurer
- Mr. James Dodoo Addy – Hon. Public Relations Adviser
- Mr. Abeka Adjei – Botchwey – Health Adviser
- Mr. Patrick Asante-Nuro – Legal Adviser
- Kamara Hussien – National Youth Rep
- Mr. Kwabena Nketia Addae – Member
- Dr. Christiana Baah – Member
- Mr. George Kwaku Ankomah – Member
- Mr. Patrick Awuku Owusu – Member
- Dr. Mawuli Dzodzomenyo – Member
Congratulating the new executives, the Outgoing President, Nana Dr Michael Agyekum Addourged them to work relentlessly with the staff and volunteers to make the humanitarian activities of Red Cross more visible to the society.
Dr Addo assured them of his preparedness to support them with the valuable experience he acquired during his tenure as the President of the Ghana Red Cross Society to propel the society to a higher pedestal.
Speaking on behalf of the elected executives, the president-elect Lawyer Kwame Gyimah-Akwafo congratulated all outgoing executives for the good work done and indicated that the new executives are ready to tap from the rich experience of the old executives to place the Ghana Red Cross Society on the world’s map. He charged the new executives to see their victory as a forward march for the Society and not their individual honours.