Job Purpose: Ghana Red Cross Society is a humanitarian organisation established by the people of Ghana through an Act of Parliament to play an auxiliary role to Ministries and Departments of the government of Ghana with a mission to prevent and alleviate human suffering by mobilizing the power of humanity. Ghana Red Cross Society in collaboration with the Swiss Red Cross is implementing Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) project in Upper East Region of Ghana and is seeking an interested person with Building Technology background to help in the implementation of the project. The Officer will be responsible for the day-to-day management of the WASH hardware infrastructure. He or she will contribute by ensuring that WASH in Health Care Facilities, schools, and community-wide sanitation and hygiene improvement. He/she will also be responsible for water access and quality improvement and water hand pumps improvement and sustainability.
The WASH Artisan will be responsible for the following:
- Water supply infrastructure in HCF built/rehabilitated to improve access to potable water.
- Water supply infrastructure in schools built/rehabilitated to improve access to potable water.
- Water supply infrastructure in the community built/rehabilitated to improve access to potable water.
- Build capacity of the community WASH management structures established/strengthened.
- Day to day monitoring of project sites.
- Sanitation infrastructure in schools built to improve hygiene practices.
- Capacity of the community WASH management structures established/strengthened.
- In collaboration with the relevant government offices, identify and coordinate the rehabilitation of usable but faulty water points, ensuring that the structures are brought back to usable form.
- Coordinate the identification process and development of new water points in the target areas including drilling and/or pipeline extension as shall be informed by the surveys and plans.
- Work closely with the regional community water and sanitation agency, Ghana Health Service and Ghana Education Service to facilitate the provision and repair of WASH facilities in schools, communities, and clinics or CHPS.
- Work closely with Ghana Health Service in the region to promote WASH in health facilities in the project districts.
- Facilitate implementation of Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) trainings to all communities under the project area as planned.
- Perform any other duties as shall be requested by the reporting officer.
Skills, knowledge and experience
· Minimum Qualification requirement
HND Civil Engineering or Building Technology or similar from a recognised and accredited institution.
- A minimum of two years of professional experience in WASH hardware-related development in communities and institutions (required).
- Extensive Knowledge and experience in participatory methods, community mobilization and capacity building, and a good understanding of community-based programming with either government/NGO (an asset).
- Proven ability to train and provide ongoing technical support to staff and volunteers (required).
- Prior experience with Red Cross/Red Crescent Movement (an advantage but not required).
- Ladies and people who are physically challenged and who meet the requirement are encouraged to apply.
- Integrity, professional credibility, ability to work effectively at all levels of the organization.
- Proven ability to multi-task across various planning and implementation processes within a highly demanding environment
- Excellent networking, advocacy, communication, and negotiation skills
- Ability to work in a multicultural, multilingual, and multidisciplinary environment.
- High degree of discretion, tact, and sensitivity in approaching internal and external clients, and partners at all levels.
- Demonstrated experience in innovation, contribution to a culture of continuous learning, knowledge sharing.
- Training/facilitating community participation for Community-based Health programming is an asset.
- Excellent level of English (written and spoken), Twi, Gruni, Frafara
All Applicants are to send their Cover Letter and Curriculum Vitae to email@example.com before 16th February 2021