Ghana Red Cross Society is the largest Humanitarian and Volunteer Based organization in the Country. It is established by an Act of Parliament (Act 10, 1958) as an Independent, Neutral auxiliary to support Government Ministries, Departments and Agencies in the provision of Humanitarian and Relief services to the vulnerable in times of emergencies and disasters. During non-turbid times, the National Society functions as a development agent in health promotion and disaster risk reduction.
The National Society is inviting applications from suitably qualified Ghanaians for the position of Internal Auditor.
This is a Senior Officer position and the Responsibilities associated with it include:
- Ensuring compliance of established Internal Control procedures by examining records, reports, operating practices and documentation.
- Verify assets and liabilities by examining the necessary documentations
- Performing the full Audit Cycle including risk management, control and mitigation
- Evaluate the efficacy of risk management procedures that are currently in place and recommend corrective actions.
- Protect against fraud and theft of the organization’s assets.
- Ensure compliance with relevant laws and regulations of the organization
- Make recommendations on how to improve internal controls and governance procedures
- Ensure compliance with International Standards on Internal Auditing
This position reports directly to the Secretary General.
- A minimum of First Degree or Professional Certificate in Accountancy from a recognized body.
- At least two (2) years work experience in the Humanitarian sector at senior officer level
- Knowledgeable in the humanitarian work environment
- Computer literacy in Accounting Soft wares and Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Ability to work at odd hours and undertake extensive travel
Commensurate with qualification and experience.
Interested Applicants should submit Application letters with Curriculum Vita attached either in hard or soft copy to below within ten (10) days of publication of this advert. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
The Secretary General
Ghana Red Cross Society Headquarters
No. 10 South Legon Extension
P.O. Box GP 835
firstname.lastname@example.org and copied to email@example.com
Date of Advert: 24/09/2020