Principles and Values
The Ghana Red Cross Society lives by the Seven Fundamental principles of the Movement namely:
1. Humanity – The Society desires to bring assistance without discrimination to the vulnerable by preventing and alleviating human suffering wherever it may be with the purpose of protecting life and health to ensure respect for individuals.
2. Impartiality – GRCS makes no discrimination as to nationality, race, religious class or political opinions. It endeavours to relieve the suffering of individuals.
3. Neutrality – The Society takes no sides in hostilities or engages at any time in controversial, political, racial, religious or ideological issues.
4. Independence – The Movement is independent. The national societies, which auxiliaries in the humanitarian services of the government, must always maintain their autonomy so that they may be able at all times to act in accordance with their principles.
5. Volunteerism – It is a voluntary relief movement not inspired by financial gain.
6. Unity – There can only be one Red Cross or one Red Crescent Society in one country. It must be open to all. It must carry out its humanitarian work throughout the country.
7. Universality – The various National Societies have equal status and share equal responsibility in helping each other and humanity.
- Hq. Plot No. 10, South Legon. Tetteh Quarshie Roundabout, near Tullow Oil.
P. O. Box 835 Accra.
Tel (1): +233 302 520 397
Tel (2): +233 299 370 431